Tarte Make Believe in Yourself Palette and Brush Set Review

I recently purchased some items from Tarte's Make Believe in Yourself Collection, or the Unicorn Collection as most people are calling it! One of the most coveted items is the makeup brush set which looks like magical unicorn horns! It comes with 5 brushes, each with different coloured bristles and a glided gold handle! They are stunning!



From left to right, we have the eye shadow blending brush (turquoise), foundation brush (purple), blush/powder brush (pink), flat contour brush (magenta), and the eye shadow brush (blue). I have to say the blush brush is my favourite! It is soooooo fluffy! I purchased these the day (the minute) they were released and also decided to try a skincare sampler set that I had been eyeing for a while. I will review these at a later date! The brushes retail for $51 CDN.

Then, at the beginning of April, Tarte had their Friends and Family 30% off sale. The brushes were excluded from the discount (which somehow validates my immediate purchase of them), however the rest of the collection was available at 30% off! I obviously had to get the palette! It retails for $52 CDN, but came to $36.40 after the discount. A steal!



It is so stunning! The Make Believe in Yourself palette is a collection of 10 eyeshadows - 9 foiled and 1 matte. There is also a highlighter in the centre of the palette and a large mirror on the underside of the lid. The shades are soon pretty! They blend out beautifully and there is little to no fallout. They appear quite metallic applied with a brush, but can always be used wet for that extra pop! And of course, they smell amazing! Like vanilla cake batter! My favourite shade has to be "wings", a beautiful coppery-brown that is my new go-to for an easy eye. The did a good job of picking a transition shade that went nicely with all of the brights and would work on many skin tones. 

I'm quite impressed with the collection! In my opinion, Tarte has been delivering with all these new launches, especially over the last year. I haven't been disappointed with anything! During the sale I decided to try out their Rainforest of the sea skin care line. I'm still waiting for the package to arrive but will post soon! 

xx

Comments

Popular Posts

How to get the most out of Drunk Elephant skincare products

Sephora VIB Rouge Sale 2017 Wishlist!

Bridal Beauty & Wedding Day Glam