Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Skincare Review!

So, I overhauled my skincare routine...

Tarte recently had a friends and family 30% off sale, and I took full advantage of it! After trying samples/travel sizes of these Tarte products, I had been wanting to purchase their full-sized skincare products for a while, and was waiting for Sephora's spring 15% off sale to do so, but when Tarte was having 30% off a couple weeks before, I jumped on the chance! I purchased the Deep Dive Cleansing Gel, Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer, Frxxxtion Stick Exfoliating Cleanser, Rainforest of the Sea Setting Mist, and Tarteguard Tinted Moisturizer


Clockwise from Top: Drink of H2O Moisturizer, Frxxxtion Stick, Rainforest of the Sea Setting Spray,
Tarteguard Tinted Moisturizer, and Deep Dive Cleansing Gel.
 


Deep Dive Cleansing Gel retails for $30 CDN and is described as a "daily brightening face cleanser and waterproof makeup remover". I have been using it daily with my Foreo Luna cleansing brush. It creates a rich lather and has a refreshing scent that reminds me of the ocean! At first I thought it was leaving behind a residue, but after using it more and more I realized that it is just the first cleanser I've used that doesn't dry out my skin and eave it feeling tight after! It does take off makeup (although I don't use waterproof products) and I have not had any sensitivity issues or breakouts from it. All and all I am loving it... a theme you're going to see quite a bit throughout this post. 



Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost is a facial moisturizer with a gel-like consistency and retails for $47 CDN. It has a similar scent to the cleansing gel, but with more citrus - it's so fresh! This is a seriously refreshing moisturizer, and the name does not lie, your skin literally feels like it is taking a drink when you apply it! It provides a good amount of moisture, but I don't think it will be hydrating enough for me during the winter months. I will have to amp it up with some facial oil. It sinks in right away and does not leave a greasy feeling or greasy look. It also makes a nice base for makeup application! I have normal-dry skin, but I think this would work for combo and oily skin as well. 

Frixxxtion Stick 3-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser retails for $29 CDN and is a twist-up exfoliating stick made with fossilized sea algae. It works as a cleanser, exfoliator, and can even be used as a mask. I LOVE the packaging of this product in the stick form. It reminds me of a mini deodorant (lol) but it make is SO easy to use! Most mask applications can be so messy, but with this, you just swipe it across the face where you want it to go, and thats it! It has natural exfoliants and not those gross tiny plastic bits that are horrible for the environment! The exfoliation is quite gentle and does not leave me with redness. I usually use it after the deep dive cleansing gel, once my makeup is off, to really scrub deep and get any leftovers that could be hiding deep in my pores!


Tarteguard Tinted Moisturizer is describes as an "oil-free tinted moisturizer for natural sheer-to-light coverage" and retails for $47 CDN. It has SPF 20 in it which is the main reason I bought it. I have been getting some sun spots as I approach 30 and my biggest thing is that I need to incorporate sunscreen into my routine. I like using this for everyday, instead of using a typical foundation, to blur imperfections and spots, and even out redness. It has a natural coverage, but enough that it does feel like you're wearing makeup. I like to apply it with the buffer to ensure a streak-free application. I would say its more of a light foundation than a tinted moisturizer, as I do need to use a regular moisturizer underneath (drink of H2O) to get enough hydration. It leaves a dewey finish and doesn't dry down on its own. You really need to set it with a powder to ensure it stays all day, and this can help to give extra coverage as well. 

Update June 29/17: after using this product for over a month now, I've discovered that the best way to apply it is with your fingers, as you would apply a traditional moisturizer. I found it never set when I used a brush, and remained quite tacky. If you rub it in using your hands, it absorbs completely, right into the skin. I much prefer using it this way (it's also a lot easier!). It does not leave any streaks or patches when applied this way.

Rainforest of the Sea 4-in-1 Setting Mist can be used as a primer, a setting spray, a hydrating mist, and a skin refresher. It retails for $30 CAD for the full size product, but I have the travel size one ($16 at Sephora) and a deluxe sample that was a gift with purchase when ordering. I really do love this spray! It has a similar scent to the other Rainforest of the Sea products - citrusy-marine refreshing goodness! I like to spray it before moisturizer like a gentle toner. I also like using it to wet my beauty blender, it makes make-up application so nice! Prime, set, refresh; it does it all! I find the deluxe sample size really handy to throw in my purse and mist throughout the day. I brought it with me to a wedding and it kept my makeup fresh throughout the long day! 

I think I am obsessed with Tarte. But their products actually work! They are all natural, cruelty-free, and the packaging is just so flippin cute! 




Comments

Popular Posts

How to get the most out of Drunk Elephant skincare products

Sephora VIB Rouge Sale 2017 Wishlist!